Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How to upgrade Android 2.1 to 2.2 FROYO on Samsung GalaxyS

I have just upgraded my Samsung GLS from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2.
Before upgrading it I was searching around for how to update the firmware and well there were a few ways.
One of it was using another program to place it in like how you would normally jailbreak an iPhone. "Press this and this till this screen appears"

But I went with the way which is a lil bit more normal.
Update the firmware through Samsung Kies. Some of the instructions out there state that you would need the newer version and to download it.
You can actually just update it from within Kies.
Open Kies > Click Kies(top left corner) > Update. Then wait for the program to update itself.
After that just plug your phone into the computer with the USB cable and select Kies on your phone.
When it connects, a pop up in Kies will appear prompting that you can update your firmware.
Click it and follow instructions.
Tadaaa

If you need more specific instructions, here is the website I referred to for my phone.
http://www.dkszone.net/how-to-upgrade-samsung-galaxy-s-firmware-from-android-2-1-to-2-2-froyo-using-kies

Hope it helps.

2 comments:

  1. Eh, did you back up b4 upgrading? N any data lost during the upgrade? Like apps, msgs n all?

    I hv not updated mine! Huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i did backup my contacts but nothing was lost. Only thing is after updating, all the apps on the Home screen would go missing, so you have to set all the widget back.
    Besides that, all is okay so far.

    ReplyDelete