Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Toshiba L645 - 1126XL Review.

I have gotten my hands on the new Toshiba L645. The new blue colored laptop.
Well, its my sister's actually, so I still get to play around with it.


Specs.
  • i5 M560 2.67ghz
  • 4gb ddr3
  • ATi Radeon HD 5650 1gb
  • 500GB 
  • 14" Screen and size. HD ready.

What is it exactly? A 3k budget laptop with a kick-ass processor and graphic card for the time being. 
The exterior is a little plain but the new blue color does give it a mysterious feel. 
The keys are pretty big and the touchpad is acceptable. The multi-touch function is a little annoying at times.
Eg. zooming-in the web browser unintentionally.


The laptop runs smoothly when multi tasking or even when a heavy application is running in the background. It is fairly light and the battery would last about 4 hours when using the Eco mode by Toshiba. Not bad I might say. The keys on the keyboard is a little oddly placed but with time, the user would get used to it. Somehow some of the functions on the Fn keys are a little out of place and I do wish I can assign them to more important applications.

When running games on this baby, it would pretty well. As if it is laid back while still spitting performance. Running Modern Warfare 1 and 2 at High is not a problem . L4D and L4D2 is also not a problem. Currently testing out COD BlackOps on it. From what I got so far, its smooth sailing all the way.
As I do use Adobe Lightroom 3 from time to time, I did try it out on this baby. I found it pretty usable on my own lappy, only on this processing was faster and with little to no lag.


The thing I don't like about it is the simplicity. The laptop is so simple till they left out the nifty little media keys.
Alot of the other functions are for the Fn buttons and even till then, there is no media keys for Media player. No Play/Pause button. The screen is good but not as bright as I like it and the speakers are not as loud as many would like. It does come with a few unwanted software as well but those can be easily removed.


Here are some benchmark scores for the graphic card. *Click Here*
Notebookcheck gives very detailed benchmark scores.


I rate thee - 8/10

My comment - This laptop here would be a bargain maybe in a few more months to come when the price drops. Eventho I dod mention about the media keys but I did find a solution to it so not such a big problem there. Would have been nice if the keys were backlit and the screen was a little sharper. Since it is just a budget laptop, it wont win in every aspect but it will still deliver.

YJ

No comments:

Post a Comment